Friday, May 16, 2014

Things I Did Not Know

There are many things I did not know about the new Bible versions that I learned from watching a video by The Underground Christian Network and a woman named Gail Riplinger. I'm still going to do some fact-checking as a follow-up, but I wanted to throw some of this out there for you (and post the videos):

  • The Catholic Bible deletes many verses (and some books) that are in the King James.
  • Jehovah Witnesses don't view Jesus the same way most (KJV) Bible-believing Christians do.
  • The movie "The Passion of the Christ" is not based on the Bible (but on a nun's trance-state vision).
  • There may be a reason for the way the newer version Bibles have changed The Lord's Prayer.
Basically, I didn't know (and never thought much about) the sources behind the newer versions of the Bible. 

Right now, on my nightstand, I have a copy of the NASB Study Bible. I also have copies somewhere in my possession of the NIV Bible and The Message Bible. Many years ago, I started gifting my nieces and nephews with a Bible for Christmas. Those kids are all grown up now but, when I saw some of the cool-looking new Bible versions for young people, I found myself hoping that people were buying these as gifts.

I suppose the reason I am concerned about these various versions of the Bible is that, as a Christian, I like to be ready with an answer for my faith - with words from the Scriptures

Please watch either (or both) of the following videos and do some research of your own. 


But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 1 Peter 3:15

Peace