Sunday, April 20, 2014

What Are You Celebrating Today?

Today is Easter here in the U.S. Today is also 4/20.

Some of us are reflecting on the fact that Jesus died and rose to offer this world salvation. Some of us are celebrating the use of marijuana. I won't even speak on the 420 thing.

A couple of points:

  • I don't think that Christians who celebrate Easter with eggs and baskets realize that they are not celebrating Jesus's ressurection. I think they are just celebrating out of secular social tradition.
  • I think that we Christians need to think about what we are doing when we just follow secular social traditions.

I like the way The Pacifica Current speaks on it.


Here is a teaching about Easter and other holidays considered Christian. 


For myself, I use Easter to reflect on what Jesus did for me.

As always, use your Bibles and prayer for reflection on any teaching.